- Formed in 2009, Astitva is a nonprofit organisation based out of Vadodara, India; working to support and empower the differently abled whether physically or mentally. In addition to education and daily living activities, we also provide counseling and training programs as well as finding suitable employment for members.
Balgopal Training Centre:
- Setup in mid-2012, Astitva volunteers setup the Balgopal Training Centre in Vadodara, India. Managed by the Astitva Foundation with the support of the Bajwa Gram Panchayat, Balgopal functions as a Multiple Disability Training Center for special needs students of all ages.
- In addition to special education services, we frequently run progressive Training Programs and Workshops, frequently collaborating with international organizations. We recently ran a Music Therapy Workshop in association with the team from ‘A Place to be’, from Virginia, USA.
- Training: We offer numerous programs from training in basic daily living skills to vocational workshops and trades making candles, bags, tailoring, jewellery, etc.
- Empowering: Arranging for internships and job placements for work that involves packaging, data entry, labeling, etc. We also take orders for handmade products such as scented candles, incense sticks, diyas, bags, etc.
- Acknowledging: The foundation provides a safe and positive social platform. We celebrate festivals, host song, dance and sports activities and regularly organize field trips to the circus, parks, zoos, etc.
- Nurturing: We provide free counseling and help with adoptions and guardianships. In addition to this, we also offer physiotherapy sessions.