- Sense International India (also known as Sense India) is India’s first and the only national-level organisation, supporting specialised educational and rehabilitation services which enable children and adults with deafblindness and multiple disabilities to overcome the challenges caused by deafblindness and become an integral part of their society.
- Deafblindness is a unique and complex disability, which combines varying degrees of both hearing and visual impairment. All individuals who are deafblind experience extreme challenges with communication and mobility; as well most have additional physical and medical conditions.
- There is an estimated population of 500,000 individuals with deafblindness in India however just about 10% receive any form of support or intervention through our efforts.
- The main goal of Sense International India is to ensure that all people with deafblindness and multiple disabilities have access to professional advice and support.
- We provide information, guidance, and needs-based training to individuals with deafblindness and their families by raising awareness and campaigning for their rights and opportunities throughout India.
- Sense India has been providing early intervention, specialised education, livelihood, training and rehabilitation services to children and adults with deafblindness and multiple disabilities.
- In 24 years, the organisation has reached out to 78,000+ persons provided them individualised needs-based services.
- Registration Number of NGO: E/11279
- Locations: Pan India (Head Office is located in Ahmedabad)