- The Akshaya Patra Foundation is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Indian Trust Act,1882 vide Document bearing No IV SFO/241/183-192/154/2001-02 DATED 16.10.2001,At Banglore.
- It is also registered Under Section-12A of the Income Tax Act 1961 vide registration number DIT(E)/12A/VOL1/A857/2001-02 dated 9th Novemer 2001 and Having PAN AAATT6468P.
- The Akshaya Patra Foundation is a non-profit organisation in India that operates a school lunch programme.The organisation was established in 2000.
- It aims to counter classroom hunger and aid in education of children.It feeds 18,00,907 children every day across India.
- After the COVID-19 lockdown was announced, Akshaypatra undertook a massive food program to feed the migrant workers and any one who is in need for food.
- They provided cooked food as well as dry grocery kits.
- Ahmedabad & More 52 Kitchens in India